Department of Roads
See Zimbabwe enjoy world class road infrastructure.
To effectively and efficiently plan, design, supervise and maintain a world class standard road infrastructure.
- To construct public roads and bridges in order to enhance connectivity.
- To maintain public roads and bridges to ensure safety, trafficability and reliability.
- To mobilize additional funding for the construction and maintenance of public roads and bridges through the User-pays principle.
- To provide surfaced roads from growth points to provincial centres and upgrade all earth roads to all weather roads.
- To mobilise both public and private sector participation in promoting sustainable economic growth through the provision of a flawless road network.
- Planning and transport branch
- Bridge design branch
- Road Design branch
- Construction branch
- Maintenance branch
- Research and testing branch
- Provincial Road Engineers
- Training Centre
STATE OWNED ENTERPRISES
- ZINARA – Zimbabwe National Road Administration.