About the Ministry
Regional hub for world-class transport networks, logistics and services by the year 2020.
To facilitate, provide and manage transport infrastructure networks, logistics and services efficiently for transport users.
- Safety: We protect the safety of the traveling public, our employees and the workers who build, operate and maintain our transportation and communications system.
- Client Focus: We learn from and respond to our clients to deliver quality, affordable services to Zimbabweans and visitors. Our clients include travelers, freight movers, and others who use our services and facilities.
- Efficiency: We strive to gain maximum value from the resources entrusted to us for the benefit of our clients.
- Accountability: We build the trust of customers, stakeholders and the public by reporting regularly on what we are doing and how we are using the resources entrusted to us.
- Diversity: We honor and respect our individual differences and we work to ensure that people from diverse backgrounds have equitable opportunities, both internally and externally, to work for and conduct business with MOTID.
- Sustainability: We balance economic, environmental and community well-being in a manner that protects the needs of current and future generations.
What We Do
- Provision of road, rail, air and inland waters services
- Provision of transport policies and regulations
- To be the leading Ministry in the provision of transport infrastructural network and services which are accessible, efficient and affordable in the region by 2020.