Department of Inland Waters Control
To facilitate the provision of safe and efficient Inland Water Transport Services while contributing towards the maintenance of safer and cleaner Inland Waterways.
To administer the In-lands Waters Shipping ACT 13:06
- Implementation and enforcement of the Inland Waters Shipping Statutes.
- Conducting first and annual vessel survey to guarantee the seaworthiness of boats, conducting boat inspections following compulsory repairs and major alterations.
- Examining and certifying prospective boat drivers.
- Conducting Lake Patrols and spot checks on vessels.
- Managing Lake Navigation Radio Control/telecommunications system on Lake Kariba (i.e. continuous listening watch on VHF radios).
- Co-coordinating search and rescue operations and installation and maintenance of aids to navigation on Lake Kariba.
- Guarding against non-economic or uneconomic duplication of shipping services through the permit system on inland waterways. Conduct pollution surveillance and control on inland waterways particularly in harbors.
16th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Central Avenue / Fourth Street
Telephone: +263 4 700991/9