Department of Rail Services
To be a regional hub for world-class rail transport networks, logistics and services by the year 2020.
To formulate effective strategies and policies that facilitates development and sustenance of the railway sector in Zimbabwe.
Formulation of rail transport policies
- Develop and formulate railway transport strategies and regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Ministry’s policies and programmes within the rail transport sector.
- Supervise and provide regulatory framework and guidance to rail transport players.
- National Transport Master Plan
- Walvis Bay Dry Port Facility
- Ponta Techobanine Heavy Haul Rail and Deep Sea Port Project
State Owned Enterprises
- National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ)
- RMS Pvt (Ltd)
Completion of the National Transport Master Plan (NTMP) within the next coming 18 months
Plans for the future
- Resuscitation of National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ)
- Audit of the rail infrastructure
- Development of a regulation framework for the rail transport sector
Director of Rail Transport Management
Ministry of Transport and Infrastructural Development
15th Floor, Office 98,Kaguvi Building,
Cnr Central Ave/ Fourth Street
P.O. Box CY 595
Tel: 263 4 702593/700991-9
Cell 263 712 236 364